- August 13, Hanergy announced that it had completed its acquisition of Alta Devices, giving it an advantage in the world’s most efficient thin-film photovoltaic technology – the GaAs flexible thin-film technology.
- August 13, Hanergy officially became a strategic partner and the only clean energy partner of the National Stadium (the Bird’s Nest). During the five-year contract, Hanergy will use its advanced clean-energy technology to make the Stadium more environmentally friendly and help it save energy.
- July 26, Hanergy opened a Clean Energy Demonstration Center in Baotou, Inner Mongolia that exhibits and sells Hanergy products and provides technical services. It is the first of its kind in the
- July 12, Hanergy opened a Clean Energy Demonstration Center in Nantong, Jiangsu, that exhibits and sells Hanergy products and provides technical services. It follows the opening of a similar store in Hengshui, Hebei.
- July 1, Hanergy Holding Group’s series of ads for the photovoltaic industry and thin-film power generation began airing on China Central Television and Phoenix Television. Featuring the theme “bigger Hanergy, less smog,” the ads demonstrated Hanergy’s world-leading thin-film power generation technology and its potential for wide applicability, Hanergy’s corporate strength, and its long-term commitment to changing the world with clean energy.
- June 15, In the 24 Hours of Le Mans race of the FIA World Endurance Championship, Hanergy designed a partnership agreement with Aston Martin Racing and thus became the team’s exclusive solar power partner. The two parties will work together utilizing Hanergy’s flexible thin-film power generation technology in the FIA World Endurance Championship to improve the performance of racecars.
- June 7, The 2014 Global New Energy Development Report, prepared by Hanergy Holding Group and the China New Energy Chamber of Commerce, was released in Beijing.
- May 27, The 2014 FIA Formula E Championship held a press conference in Beijing and announced its partnership with Hanergy for its Beijing ePrix. Hanergy will make a customized fast-deployment, thin-film solar power charging system for the 2014 FIA Formula E Championship.
- May 19, Hanergy Global Solar Power & Applications Asia Pacific Limited Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hanergy Solar Group, signed a strategic cooperation framework memorandum at Hanergy Holding Group’s headquarters with Sojitz Machinery Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sojitz Corporation. According to the memorandum, the two companies will establish a long-term strategic partnership for thin-film solar power generation in Japan and other countries.
- May 11, Hanergy opened its first ever Clean Energy Demonstration Center in Hengshui, Hebei. The Center exhibits and sells Hanergy products and provides technical services. It is also the first of its kind that focuses on thin-film photovoltaics in China.
- May 5, Education for Underprivileged Children: Hanergy’s Dream Program, initiated by Hanergy Holding Group and the China Talent Development Fund, launched its second round of student selection and held its kick-off ceremony at Number One High School in Lijiang.
- April 16, Hanergy finished building the largest distributed solar power generation project for households in Hainan. The project allows people to generate their own electricity and feed any surplus electricity into the grid. With 198 Hanergy-made, thin-film photovoltaic modules installed on two platforms on rooftops, the project has a total installed capacity of 12.87 kWp.
- February 28, The Traditional Chinese version of China’s New Energy Revolution, the first book by Hanergy Holding Group’s Chairman and CEO Li Hejun, was released. The Traditional Chinese version will be distributed in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and countries outside China.
- February 27, The first Zero Discrimination Day in China, co-organized by UNAIDS, the China Red Ribbon Foundation, and Hanergy Holding Group, was observed at the Secretariat of the China Red Ribbon Foundation, which is located at Hanergy’s Beijing Headquarters.
- February 26, Hanergy signed an investment agreement with the Municipal Government of Zibo City, Shandong Province, and the Management Committee of the High-tech Industrial Development Zone of Zibo for Hanergy’s 3GW CIGS photovoltaic industrial cluster project and the project’s first phase, which will have a total capacity of 600MW.
- February 20, Hanergy established Hebei Caofeidian Hanergy Solar Power Limited Company in Tangshan City, Hebei Province, and launched its 600MW CIGS thin-film solar power production line, which marked the first time that the most advanced thin-film solar power technology was implemented in China.
- Mid-February, MIT Technology Review released its Most Innovative Companies list for 2014, on which Hanergy ranked 23rd. Hanergy was the only Chinese energy company that made it to the list. Other companies on the list included Tesla, Google, Samsung, BMW, and Amazon.
- Late-January, The International Business Times released its list of the top seven solar power projects in the world for 2013. Hanergy’s program to sell its solar cells in IKEA and the California Valley Solar Ranch project were both on the list.
- Late-January, Hanergy Holding Group’s Chairman and CEO Li Hejun visited Togo, Côte d’Ivoire, and Mali. He discussed ways in which thin-film solar power technology could change the local energy mix in Africa, the growth of the African economy, corporate social responsibility, and other issues with Togolese President Faure Gnassingbé, Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara, and Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta.
- January 13, The China Photovoltaic Industry Alliance was established in Beijing, and the China New Energy Chamber of Commerce’s Chairman Li Hejun was appointed as the Alliance’s Chairman. The Alliance was launched by more than 100 well-known photovoltaics companies, including Hanergy, Dongyue Federation, Hi-Tech Wealth, Apollo Solar Energy Technology, TEL Solar, and Almaden, as well as research institutions.
- January 8, Hanergy signed a cooperation agreement with China Minsheng Bank and the Asia Financial Cooperation Association to establish a comprehensive strategic partnership. In the following three years, China Minsheng Bank and the Asia Financial Cooperation Association will provide Hanergy with no less than 20 billion yuan in comprehensive financing support to boost Hanergy’s strategic development in photovoltaics, hydropower, and other fields.
- December 31, The first phase of the 20MW Golden Sun rooftop photovoltaics demonstration project in Xiangyang, with a total capacity of 3.3MW (2.2MW for Hubei Xiangcheng Footwear and 1.1MW for Zhengying Group’s production material market) was connected to the power grid.
- December 25, Hanergy started construction on a 40MW grid-connected photovoltaics project in Yucheng. The project was the largest of its kind approved by the Shandong Provincial Development and Reform Commission. It will become a comprehensive demonstration project combining photovoltaics, fish farming, poultry farming, and tourism.
- November 20, A press conference was held in Beijing to launch China’s New Energy Revolution, the first book by Hanergy Holding Group’s Chairman Li Hejun.
- October 28, Hanergy Global Solar Power & Applications Greater China Regional Company signed a strategic partnership agreement in Guangdong with Zhuhai Special Economic Zone Electric Power Development Group for cooperation on photovoltaic power stations. The two companies will work together to develop and operate distributed photovoltaic power stations with a total capacity of 200MW.
- September 16, Hanergy held a ground-breaking ceremony for the first phase (20MW) of its grid-connected photovoltaic power station in Fuhai County, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. The endeavor was the first power generation project to use clean energy in Fuhai County.
- September 14, Hanergy signed a strategic investment cooperation agreement with the Shuangliu County Government for its 600MW CIGS project (Phase II). The second phase of the project will adopt the most efficient CIGS technology in the world, which Hanergy has acquired.
- September 9, Hanergy Holding Group and the Climate Group co-organized the forum “The Third Industrial Revolution & China” at Hanergy’s Beijing headquarters. Jeremy Rifkin, a well-known American economist and expert on social trends and the author of The Third Industrial Revolution, attended the forum. It was the first time Rifkin had visited China, and Hanergy was his first stop.
- September 3, Hanergy signed a cooperation framework agreement with the China-Africa Development Fund to work together on expanding markets in Africa and Portuguese-speaking countries.
- August 28, The 2nd and 3rd phase of Hanergy Hainan Prefecture Photovoltaic Solar Power Station broke ground. With a 100 MW installed capacity for the 2nd and 3rd phases and a total 150 MW for all three phases, the power station is the largest grid-connected thin-film photovoltaic solar power station cluster in the world. It also marks a new milestone for Hanergy in the downstream sector of the photovoltaic industry.
- August 14, Michel Sidibé, Under Secretary-general of the UN and Executive Director of UNAIDS, visited Hanergy and discussed the global HIV/AIDS partnership and the role of Chinese private companies in HIV response. Chinese entrepreneurs as well as representatives of UN agencies and the National Health and Family Planning Commission were in attendance.
- July 26, Hanergy's Hainan Prefecture PV Power Station celebrated its grid connection. The 50MW power station is the biggest single plant of its kind in the world.
- July 25, Hanergy finalized its acquisition of the US-based Global Solar Energy Inc., which made Hanergy the first large-scale producer in the world to mass produce flexible thin-film PV modules.
- July 22, Hanergy jointly launched an educational poverty alleviation program titled “Raising Them Up,” with China Yingcai Scholarship Fund and the High School Affiliated with Tsinghua University. At the ceremony, Hanergy and China Yingcai Scholarship Fund signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Strategic Cooperation for the program.
- July 3, Hanergy and IKEA hosted the Launching & Grid-Connection Ceremony for Hanergy-IKEA Roof-top Power Stations. So far, Hanergy has installed thin-film PV solar power panels on the roof-tops of five IKEA stores.
- June 18, Hanergy became the first carbon-credit buyer in China when it purchased 10,000 tons of carbon credits at the Shenzhen Emission Exchange, the first carbon credit exchange in China.
- April 20, Hanergy made an initial donation of five million RMB for the emergency response to the Ya’an Earthquake. In the meantime, Hanergy also made an in-kind donation of thin-film solar power emergency equipment worth two million RMB.
- April 12, The 10MW BAPV Project on the rooftop of Hanergy’s Heyuan base was connected to the grid. Approved by the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Science and Technology and National Energy Agency, the project was listed as one of the 2012 National Golden Sun Demonstration Projects.
- March 3-12, Mr. Li Hejun, Chairman of Hanergy, attended the 1st Session of the12th Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) as a delegate and submitted two proposals to advocate further development of clean energy.
- January 9, Hanergy finalized the acquisition of MiaSolé, a US manufacturer of CIGS thin-film PV modules. The deal brought to the group not only globe-leading CIGS technology with the highest conversion efficiency in the world, but also a company size that ranks among the top thin-film PV players globally.
- December 20, The 20MW ground-mounted solar power station owned by Hanergy, located at Taiyangshan Development Zone of Wuzhong City, Ningxia, celebrated its grid connection, making it Hanergy’s first large-scale centralized ground-mounted PV power station with successful grid connection in China.
- December 10, Li Hejun, Chairman of Hanergy, was elected as Vice President of the All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce.
- November 29, Hanergy announced that it achieved a 3GW annual production capacity of thin-film PV modules, which makes it the largest thin-film solar company in the world.
- September 25, Hanergy completed the acquisition of Solibro GmbH, a subsidiary of Q.Cells.
- July 28, Li Hejun, Chairman of Hanergy, was re-elected as President of the China New Energy Chamber of Commerce.
- July 17, Hanergy was awarded “the Best Employer of China” in the national conference to honor individuals and companies boosting employment in China.
- June 30, L' Aquila PV Power Station in Italy was connected to the grid for power generation. The power station was developed and constructed by Hanergy in partnership with AzzeroCO2 and Exalto.
- June 13, Hanergy established a strategic partnership with IKEA, based on which Hanergy will install photovoltaic panels on the rooftops of all IKEA stores in China and select IKEA vendors. The IKEA project, including production and installation of PV panels, will be executed in three years.
- May 10, Hanergy's BIPV Power Station at Wujin Plant in Jiangsu Province was connected to the grid for power generation.
- April 28, Hanergy Yucheng Thin film base in Shandong Province was put into production.
- March 29, Hanergy Haikou Thin film base in Hainan Province launched its operation.
- November 19, Hanergy Heyuan Thin film base in Guangdong Province was put into production.
- June 15, Shuangliu thin film PV research and manufacturing base started its operation in Sichuan Province. This base houses the world’s largest PV cell production capacity.
- March 27, Jin'anqiao Hydropower Station on the Jinsha River, Yunnan Province, was connected to the gird for power generation. It is the world's largest privately financed and constructed hydropower station, and is a major power supplier to eastern Chinese provinces, giving it a key role in China's ‘Yunnan Province Energy Exports and Western Energy Supports the East' electric power generation strategy.
- December 31, Hanergy’s Huangtian Hydropower Station in Guangdong Province was connected to the grid for power generation.
- May 21, 2008 The First Phase of Rudong Wind Farm in Jiangsu Province, also the largest wind farm in Asia at the time, was connected to the grid for power generation.
- December 29, 2007 Wulanghe River Secondary Hydropower Station in Yunnan Province was connected to the grid for power generation.
- November 9, 2007 All three phases of the Helanshan Wind Farm in Ningxia Autonomous Region were connected to the grid for power generation.
- November 2006, Hanergy's projects were registered with the Executive Board of the UN's Clean Development Mechanism.
- April 30, 2002, Mujing Hydropower Station began generating power.
- August 28, 2000, Hanergy began construction on its first hydropower station, Mujing Hydropower Station, on the Dongjiang River, Guangdong province.
- Hanergy Holding Group (Beijing He Tai He Trade & Development Co.Ltd at the time) was incorporated.